Tuesday, June 12, 2012

God is Faithful

I heard it said during the Scatter missions trip last year, "don't be surprised when God answers your prayers". So true! But so often I find myself floored time and time again when God answers my prayers. God is a faithful God, He is a loving God, He holds true to His promises, He promises to never let us go. What a comfort to know that we aren't walking through this life on our own, yet so often, I seem to forget that. Why do I fret? Why do I continue to worry about tomorrow and allow myself to become frustrated, before finally turning to God? It's my stubborn human-ness I suppose. But God is still faithful. Well the past few days, as some of you may know, have been difficult. Especially involving one precious 18month old. It seems, just a few days ago, that he and I just could not get along. My patience was running short as he continued to disobey and fight me, and he quickly decided that I was his least favorite person. It was very disheartening, this trip had suddenly become very hard, and I didn't understand why. Finally, after trying to rely on my own patience and my own strength, and failing miserably I might add, I finally called out to God. Understanding that only by His grace can I have the patience and the endurance to love on these babies even when they are screaming their heads off (because as I'm sure most if you agree, it is easy to love babies when they are sleeping, and fun to hold them when they are giggling and cooing at you.) By Gods grace i have woken up the past two mornings refreshed and excited to see the kiddos. I have been happy to sing songs to them when they are screaming, and I wonder if they can hear me. And as for my precocious 18month old? He and I have gotten along famously. As a matter of fact, I'm the only one he wants right now. God has blessed me with a patience and a joy, that I didn't know I could have! How good it is to know that I can trust Him to always be faithful, even when am not, and I try and do things my own stupid way. He's always there, always faithful. I am so blessed to be serving here with these precious gifts! And so grateful for the ways God is growing and strengthening me through all of this! Even with baby drool dribbling down my hand and pants as I type, I can still say, I am so blessed to be here!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachael this is Kathryn, I am also on blogspot and am officially following you I love to hear how your trip is going and am excited to join you soon. If you want you can read some of my posts as well =) praying for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathryn! I am so glad you are reading my blog! I will most deffinately read your posts! Already read the first one! It is crazy how alike our stories are!
      There is another girl here, Kyllie, she is super sweet :)I can't wait to meet you in person and all of us hang out! (for the few days we will have each other ;)

      Delete