Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bless The Lord Oh My Soul

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! Who would have thought that I would be praising God for random things like these......a refrigerator, a 1/2mile walk to the grocery store,a memory card, a roommate that I don't know, the potential for Donovan and heather to get a car tomorrow, and a shipment possibly arriving on Thursday (like a moth late)?!?!? Well that is what i am here praising Him for today. First,our donated fridge, that has been sitting uselessly for the past few weeks, mocking us (Almost as if it s saying "haha, you can't use me!") finally, the repair guy came in yesterday and was able to fix it!!! We have a second fridge and pleanty of room for food now!!! Last night I had the joy of walking with my dear friend and one of many mentors on this trip, Vanessa. We walked a good ways to the grocery store and then back. I got lots of good food! Can't wait to cook some of these African dishes!!! So blessed to have someone with me who can tell me what is a good deal or not! ;) We did kind of give everyone a scare though...we didnt come home til after dark (the cons of having bright lights and no windows in the grocery store) haha, we made it home safely but the men were worried for us. I guess we won't be doing that again! ;) Well I could have sworn I came on this trip prepared with a memory card (an 8GB that I had borrowed from my dad) oddly enough it was no where to be found in my backpack, purse, suitcase, or camera bag. All I had were two tiny 1&2GB cards (full of pics) :( I had more or less decided to give up the search for the card, assuming I had left it at home. I wasn't worried about it. But, this morning I sat down to write some letters and hidden in the stationary box was my memory card!!!! Praise God! Now I can take as many pics as I desire!!!! So happy :) (funny, I'm sure when I put it in the box I was thinking, "Hmmm let me put it here so I don't forget where it is and lose it!" ;) Yesterday I also found out who my roommate will be this year. I am a little apprehensive about this I must admit. Although I am very excited to meet her, I am prayerfully hoping she is a believer!! Please be praying for me, that God would already be preparing my heart for this fall and that I would put my trust in Him and not be anxious! Despite my nerves, I am soooo happy to have a roommate finally!!!! (her name is Jamie, by the way, if you would like to also lift her up in prayer!) :) And then the two things we have been trusting God with the most will, Lord willing arrive this week!!!! Donovan and Heather came here without a car (hence why we have been walking everywhere or having to hitch rides....) neither of them drive manual, at least not well enough to be comfortable driving it "backwards" (the gears and everything are all done with your left hand instead of your right, over here) Anyway, praise God, a few days ago they found an automatic!!!! They were supposed to get it on Saturday, but that was not "Gods plan" we found out....then they were supposed to get it Monday....nope....today.....nope. LORD WILLING they should get it tomorrow!!! ;) let's pray they do!! (not that I mind walking, it's good excercise ;) Also, the shipment that has most of Donovan and heathers things (along with all of the baby shower gifts that BCLR donated, and other donations as well) was supposed to come in weeks ago. (in fact it's been in SA for a few weeks now) but due to weird African rules, and specific paperwork, and this business trying to squeeze out every penny they can out of us....we haven't received the shipment yet. According to Andre (who is kind of like our treasurer and our business manager guy) they shipment should come in on Thursday (Lord willing, again)it will be so much nicer when we have the shipment. It's funny the little things we miss, like baking pans and whisks, and hair dryers! ;) Please pray that we will be trusting in God, and not be anxious, His timing is perfect. There are no accidents in matters like these. :) we are deffinately growing in patience! That's about all of the updates I've got thus far! Thank you all for your prayers!! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment